- Working with the Delaware Governor’s Council of Faith-Based Partnerships
- Partnering with the University of Delaware’s Center For Disabilities Studies
- Partnering with the Public Health Preparedness Section
- Bi-lingual radio campaign
- Preparedness Nights at the Wilmington Blue Rocks and Delaware 87ers games
Marny McLee, the Citizen Corps and Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Program Manager, is a retired U.S. Air Force veteran of over twenty years, and has been part of the Delaware Citizen Corps for 12 years. The Pittsburgh-native also spearheads the annual Family Emergency Preparedness Day event, held each September. This year’s event will be held at the Delaware Agricultural Museum on September 24.
The Delaware Citizen Corps received the same award in 2014, the same year that McLee was cited individually with the “Champions of Challenge” award for his program initiatives and leadership. Delaware Citizen Corps is the recipient of 13 FEMA Region III Awards since 2008. McLee and Mei Johnson, Citizen Corps & CERT Coordinator, will be honored at White House and FEMA ceremonies in September.
We would like to thank the state, county and local councils, as well as the State CERT Team, for their help throughout the year and at our events. We'd also like to thank the volunteers and partner organizations that assist us in our preparedness outreach events.